Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A PSA from Jen

I'd like to take a moment to make sure all of my readers and their families have a carbon monoxide detector in their home.

These unobtrusive little gadgets can be purchased at your local Home Depot or Lowe's for under $50.00. You just plug it into an outlet and it will let you know anytime that carbon monoxide levels in your home are at a dangerous level.... like ours were last night a 3:00am. I have to admit, it was a little scary. But, depending on how high the levels were, if it went undetected, that can be a deadly situation.

We are so thankful that we were awoken and able to open windows to let fresh air circulate. It made for a very cold night, but a much safer one as well.

Please make sure your home has one. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment