Monday, December 9, 2013

That Time I Put on MakeUp and Did My Hair

It's been over a week. Over a week of a sick child. And during that week, we've mainly stayed home. We've gone to a doctor appointment twice, to my parent's house once, and to Texas Children's once for a chest x-ray. Otherwise, we've been here. We've essentially been in our pajamas for a week.

I've not been getting ready each morning. My "Mommy of a Sick Kid" uniform seems to be no make-up, hair in a pony tail, long sleeved shirt, sweatshirt, jeans, and moccasins. I'm the picture of beauty and having it all together.

This morning, Ellie woke up at 8am. She had been sleeping since 7:15pm the night before. She never woke up once and didn't have one single coughing fit the whole night. Then, after she woke up, she ate a decent amount of her breakfast. Not all of it, but more than the 3 bites she's been having for all of her other meals this week. Between the good night's sleep and the fact that she ate half of a waffle and a handful of blueberries, this made me feel like I could climb every mountain.

I practically twirled into my bathroom where I showered, blow-dried my hair, put on makeup, put on nice clothes.... I even took Ellie out of her pajamas. I just couldn't take it anymore. We had to pick up and move on with our lives.

Today went well. She is still congested and has a bad cough. However, she ate about half of each of her meals and she had tons of personality and spunk today - more than I've seen her have in a whole week. Hoping she's closer to 100% tomorrow!

The maid came today so my house is clean, I made dinner and now I'm blogging while getting ready to watch The Sing-Off while my husband sleeps next to me on the couch. I am declaring with full confidence that this week will be... it HAS TO BE better than last week. 



  1. So glad to hear that your sweet girl is on the mend!

    And while I'm not a mama yet, I can relate to how amazing it feels to just put yourself together and have a clean home. We got stuck in Baltimore this weekend because of the snow and made it back to Boston around noon yesterday, and I went straight in to work. When I dragged into our apartment at 5:30 last night, I immediately felt the need to CLEAN ALL OF THE THINGS after being away all weekend. I dusted, mopped, vacuumed Christmas tree needles, scrubbed the bathrooms, all while starting supper. After a hot shower and fresh Christmas PJs, it felt AMAZE to plop down on the couch with the tree on and RELAX.

  2. So so glad to hear she's feeling better!