Monday, August 18, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

I've mentioned previously that I've been running. Well, I had been running. I was running several days a week, about 2 miles at a time, without stopping. This is very unlike me and I was really starting to get some momentum going.

And then, like an idiot, I decided to participate in some trampoline jumping.


We went to a trampoline place with our nieces and nephew about a month ago and I watched Grant jump on a trampoline and then fly like Superman into a pit of foam bricks. And I decided that I was going to be fun and adventurous and sporty and I wanted to fly like Superman.


So, I did it. I flew. More like tumbled, but I did it. And Grant thought this was HILARIOUS. So he had me do it again. And again. And again.


Then, after much laughing and general tomfoolery, Grant gets the brilliant idea to FILM ME DOING THIS. Because he wanted to use the slow motion camera. This brought him great joy.

So, there I go again, jumping on a trampoline and throwing myself into a pit of foam bricks and Grant is filming me and then I land and I sit up and I say "I MAY HAVE HURT MYSELF."

I rolled my stupid ankle because I'm stupid and I felt that I needed to participate in an activity made for 8 year old boys.

See? See my ankle? One of these things is not like the other....

So, I had to stop running for a while. Eventually, I went to see a doctor because I kinda wanted to keep training but I also really didn't want to mess my ankle up even more.

But, no sooner had my doctor confirmed the sprain and then diagnosed me as having "weak ankles in general" (thanks) and giving me a fancy schmancy brace, misfortune struck again.

Hello upper respiratory infection.

Bronchitis brings asthma attacks, y'all.

So I was down for another 2 weeks. Wheezing and inhalers and all that fun stuff. A doctor actually told me "Your lungs sound pretty crappy" and "your oxygen saturation sucks".


Anyways, I basically took 30 days off of running. And I've enjoyed this time of laying around and blessing my family with the sound of my hacking cough, but I decided that it was time. Time to get back out there and try again.

I got up this morning, put on my running clothes, and decided to take it slow to start with. I'm still not 100% healthy, and I didn't want to overdo it. But, I got back out there, and I mostly power walked... but I did run for probably half a mile. I'll step it up tomorrow, but like I said, I wanted to be careful.

I'll tell you what, though. I missed my early mornings. I missed sneaking out of the house and just spending 45 minutes alone. Clearing my head, listening to some music, talking to God for a bit and just making a plan of attack for my day.

And this?

This, I missed.

Good morning, Mr. Sun. How lovely to see you again. Please stop being so hot all the live long day.

I'll start working myself back up again to 2 miles, and hopefully I will be able to go even beyond that pretty soon. Hopefully 30 days off won't ruin everything I had already accomplished.

But even if I don't get back to where I was before, I'll enjoy the view. 

1 comment:

  1. Your doing A Great Job Jennifer, You should be proud of what you have accomplished!!! Keep Up the Hard Work!!!